Answered By: Donna Marconnet Last Updated: Jun 26, 2019 Views: 30
You have options for saving your course work and files:
- your home directory / H drive: network storage, currently the supported solution from Technology Services, and works well when on-campus or with a virtual desktop
- OneDrive - Madison College: cloud-based storage as one of our Office 365 apps. It's easy to use whether on-campus or off-campus when you are connected to the internet.
- email a copy to yourself
- USB drives
- personal computer or cloud storage
Do Not save to the hard drive or desktop of a campus computer. Your work will not be saved when you log off.
- Save early- As soon as you start a document, save it.
- Save often - Maybe every paragraph or so.
- Check where you are saving - Use File-Save As... When you open a document online, it may automatically save to a temporary location and may be deleted when you log off.
- Backup - save in a couple locations. Protect your important course work.
Let us know if you have questions.